Tracking My Wishlist
Because using Medium to track things has become my thing
I’ve realized that being able to track my reading and my tv show watching has worked exceedingly well for the sole reason that I check them often enough that it shows up in the URL bar when I just type things in.
There’s also an element of public accountability (particularly for the book reading one) that’s been helpful in motivating me towards these goals. I realize that no one really checks back on these wishlists but still, it creates the atmosphere 🤣
I also really wanted to stop relying on adding things to the Amazon wishlist, just because I want to stop purchasing so many things from Amazon.
✨ Higher Priority
Thoughts: if I last until April 2020 where I can just hop on to a new “free” phone plan, the $600 I’ve estimated for a new phone should be switched over to an ipad/ apple pen so I can design more delicious designs for redbubble :)
Phone — [ est. $600 ]
- The current one requires resetting to factory settings every 6 to 8 months which is so cursed and I keep resetting it with fingers crossed
- if my current phone lasts another 4 months I might be able to hold out and get a $0 phone
Printer — [ est $100]
- for poshmark receipts tbh
Ipad & Apple Pen, or equivalent — [ est. $600 ]
- for redbubble designs
- apple pen:
Interview Funds — [ est. $3000 ]
- I won’t be graduating any time soon but am definitely considering placements across Canada so still saving up an amount, in case there’s a chance for in-person interviews. If they finally switch to online interviews given that they had to this year I’d be down too, tbh.
Some kind of physical storage — [ budgeted: < $100 ]
- AmazonBasics 6 Cube Grid Wire Shelves $41.99 — (easy to take apart hopefully??? for moving???)
Magic Bullet — [ budgeted: $60 ]
- Because my old one might be broken?
Measuring Cups — [ budgeted: $5 ]
- because ya gal has been baking with a shot glass that has measurements, real teaspoons and her rice cup (which is a different “cup” measurement than the standard baking cup, unfortunately)
Mixing Bowl — [ budgeted: $5 ]
- I want one from the dollar store because it’s literally just a metal bowl where I can mix stuff
- the last one I got was wayyy to big and sits in my fridge as a fridge add-on for compartmentalizing my fruits
✨ Lower Priority
Silicon Mats [ est. $20 ]
- so I can stop buying and chucking out aluminum foil
Mechanical Keyboard [ est. $ 200 ]
- I’m so obsessed thanks to r/mechanicalkeyboards
- this is definitely a want more than a need
Pepper Grinder [est. $20 ]
- because f l a v o u r — but also I can definitely live on just using pre-ground pepper. It’s just not as vibrant of flavour and I can live with that.
- might also thrift this when thrifting is allowed again tbh
Pizza Slicer [ est 15.99 ]
- if I meal prep pizza more than 4 times (i.e., once per week for a month), I’ll invest in a pizza slicer :)
Waffle maker [ est. $30 ]
- I don’t need anything fancy, just wanted a full-sized one because this waffle thing is actually working for me in terms of meal prepping breakfast and sneaking in fruits
- I do have a mini waffle maker, which I might sell
- I might also thrift this???
Shower Caddy [ est. $50 ????? ]
- I’m actually not sure they have to be this expensive, this is just an estimate from Amazon as a guide
- I feel like the ones from the dollar store will do, and those are like … $4 max
- I have considered making my own from wire hangers but unsure if they’ll rust.
A set of side dish dishes [ est. varies??? ]
- Right now I just dump everything into a bowl and call it a day but I want to one day … not do that
A tray [ est. $5 ]
- so I can place my side dishes on the tray LOL and transport in one go thanks
- realistically I feel like I’m seeing trays that are something like $20 but I’m also down to buy something from the dollar store and use the hell out of it
- or… thrift?
Something to sit on [ est. $50 — $300? ]
- a floor pillow???
- an armchair, possibly thrifted but idk how I’m going to get it into my apartment I cry
✔ BOUGHT SECTION
Reusable batteries — [ est. $60 ]
- for both AA and AAA batteries, to reduce the amount of one-use ones I’m using
- Actually bought @ Costco for 24.99 ✨ included both AA and AAA batteries (4 each) plus a charger that charges both
Backup Drive — [est $150?]
- link here. WD Black 4TB Performance Internal Hard Drive (not SSD though) — 4TB is $201.77
- Actually bought on sale for $150, 5TB